Wowza! Life's been busy here. Since going back to school my blog has been sorely neglected. So, I thought I'd give you an update... In random order here's what's new in my life...
1. So, in an effort to spend some time with Amirah I took her to the library to return some overdue books (probably about $5.00 or so worth) and get some new ones for her. Amirah and I played in the kids section. I picked out a few books for her. And she picked out one she wanted to read to Xander. When I checked out I realized my fine was over $14.00! I tried to argue that it was a mistake, but the librarian would have none of it. I had forgotten my wallet so I didn't have the money to pay it and she wouldn't let me check out any new books so we left with empty hands. I felt like a criminal and left feeling more than a little annoyed at myself and the grumpy librarian.
6. I would like to declare my love for my husband. We argue and get on each other's nerves, but no one loves me like he does. Even when I am ridiculous, and catty, and emotional. And even when he loses his patience with me I know he loves me and I love him. And I just appreciate so much all that he does for our family. Our life may not be perfect, but it's our life and I love it. And there you have it.
7. Every season (as many of you already know) I make a list of things to do. I am a list person. I have chore lists and grocery lists and to-do lists, and now pinterest lists. It's just how I roll. Anyway, this particular list is so fun, because it helps me be accountable to soak in the little moments in time that make memories so sweet. This has been such a fun fall. Here are some of the highlights... a corn maze, carving a pumpkin, eating a caramel apple, leaf project, making applesauce, making mountain pies, photoshoot in the leaves, trick-or-treating, Starbucks deliciousness, and a hayride.
8. I went Black Friday shopping today. With two kids. They did awesome. I bought two shirts for my niece and a gift for my Secret Santa at work. That's it. I would have loved to do more, but did I mention the two kids and the fact they were doing awesome? I didn't wanted to jinx myself.
9. I am really trying to spend more time reading my Bible and praying. I don't want to be religious, just intentional. I do talk to God and I've got such a great foundation from my parents and attending a Christian school for 13 years, but I find there is so much I don't know. If you read this blog and see me over the next couple of weeks ask me how it's going. If there is one thing I know about me it's I have such great starts, but pretty sad finishes. I'm working on that. Our pastor, Mark, once said, "It's not how you start that matters. It's how you finish." I need to remember that.
I think you are pretty caught up. Loving life. In this place, in this moment.