It's been two months since I last posted. Life is busy. And messy. And wonderful. Here's what you need to know about me in no apparent order...
1. Yesterday was my anniversary. Eight years. Our marriage has been blessed, but Ysmaille is not the man of my dreams. I am guessing many of you aren't married to the man of your dreams either. Let me explain. When I pictured my future-husband I pictured a tall, dark, handsome man. I married a short, dark, sexy man. I imagine my future-husband would be outgoing. Ysmaille is contemplative and quiet (at least around others). This man I married is such a treasure! He works so hard for our family. He loves us passtionately. He is just what I needed. His steadfastness has seen us through many crisis'. So, no, he isn't the man I dreamed I would marry one day, but he can still make me weak in the knees. And as I'm writing this I'm crying a little bit because I just feel so blessed that he picked me!
2. The kids are at the babysitter this morning. What? I thought you had off this summer? Yes. I do. So why arent' you with your kiddos? Let me explain. A teacher cannot possibly get a classroom in order if you wait until the 4.5 hours the school district pays you to work in your classroom. I spent the morning rearranging furniture and decorating my classroom for the upcoming year. Now I am taking a little "me" time to spend blogging, talking to Jesus, reading, and some errands. I will not apologize for taking caring of myself. Let me know if you need a break and I'll watch your kids for a couple of hours. Put your feet and up and relax!
3. I didn't plant a garden this summer. I had every intention of doing so. Dad even come over with the roter tiller and made a nice plot. It's still a nice plot, but there are no plants. The past several years I've planed tomatoes, green peppers, and zucchini, and I loved it. I loved picking fresh veggies from my very own garden. I just didn't get around to it. And that's okay.
4. I secretly obsess over people I don't even know. There. The secret is out. I love following blogs of inspiring people. Two of my favorites are www.younghouselove.com and www.lifeasathrifter.com . Can I tell you something about myself? I find very little joy in the mundane tasks of keeping a home. I like crafting and decorating, but those nicks on the wall that need touched up? Well let's just say the paint cans have been sitting in the corner of my kitchen for over two weeks. If you like DIY projects you will love these blogs. I keep reading them in hopes that I will get inspired and I won't have to look at those cans of paint for an entire month!
5. I've made my summer list and I can't wait to complete it. Here are some of the highlights of the list: Making donuts over a fire, Taking the kids to Fuller Lake for a cookout and a swim, Making S'mores, Going to Benders to feed the animals, and Laying on the deck with Ysmaille and watching the stars. So far I've checked one thing off our list and that was going to Pittsburgh for our anniversary. We stayed at the historic William Penn hotel. It was beautiful, and romantic. If you are parents of young children you know how rejuvinating it can be to get away and spend "adult" time. Wink.
Stay tuned. I plan to blog more frequently this summer as my schedule allows for a little more down time.