Monday, November 15, 2010

Time to Start Again...

It's that time again. Time to start. Again. Over the years I have started various exercise and diet routines. I have had a few flops, but many successes as well. About four years ago I lost 20 lbs. and have managed to keep the pounds off. I gained only 24 lbs. during my pregnancy. I am proud of those healthy lifestyle feats. It's time again. I have noticed since having Amirah that I am becoming increasingly flabby. I think I look okay with clothes on, but with clothes off I am shaky, jiggly, puckery. You get the point.

Yesterday I started the "Couch potato to 5K" program. Basically you start out by running 60 seconds, walking 90 seconds,60, 90, 60, 90, etc. for 20 minutes. I was actually scared to start. I know that I am really out of shape. Ysmaille was there behind me (with Amirah in the stroller) encouraging me. There was lots of huffing and puffing. I know. I know. Only 60 seconds at a time, but did I mention I am out of shape?

I am raising my glass and toasting to my future as a more in shape woman!

1 comment: