Friday, October 26, 2012

Mother of the Year Award!

I bet you thought by my charming title I had won this award.  I assure you I did no such thing.  Today was just "one of those days..."  It started out when I realized that I had forgotten to send my five month old to the babysitter with a bottle.  She had milk for him, but no bottle.  I felt so terrible.  Luckily my wonderful sister, Angela, was able to pack up her to precious babies and save the day.  She brought a bottle so Xander didn't have to spend the day without food :)  When I went to pick up the kiddos Xander was bouncing away in the jumparoo with a t-shirt on twice the size of his body.  I thought I had forgotten a change of clothes, but no, he peed through outfit #1 and pooped through outfit #2.  Amirah had an accident today and I had forgotten to pack her a change of panies, so she was wearing pants with nothing on underneath.  The worst part of it all?  We had to run errands, so I brought my children with me despite the fact they looked like vagabonds and hoped no one judged me.  So, no, no Mother of the Year award here. 

1 comment:

  1. That's just motherhood for you...there's no way we can cover all the bases all the time. I still think you are in the running for the award!

    ReplyDelete