Saturday, April 11, 2015

Winter's Over and Spring Has Sprung!

The last time I blogged (over two months ago) my winter list was well on the way.  Since then I accomplished a few more things on my list.  Despite my list, winter is such a challenging time for me.  I cannot express in words how happy I am it is over, and spring is here.  One of the things I wanted to do for a long time was make an apron from an upcycled man's dress shirt.  The picture below is  an apron I created with some help from my mom.  I've had a sewing machine for years, but it has been broken, so whenever I have a sewing project I end up at Mom's house.  Lucky for me she is much more talented than I am when it comes to sewing and ends up doing the challenging parts of the project.

Speaking of sewing machines... one of the things that has been on my list for months has been to get the previously mentioned sewing machine fixed.  On Thursday I finally got around to taking it to Carey's Sewing Machine Center.  Mr. Carey is a dear man who has been fixing sewing machines out of his house for decades.  I remember going there with my mom as a little girl.  It had probably been 15 or 20 years since I'd been there and I had a hard time finding the exact house.  It was after 5:00 until I left his house, and Ysmaille called me on the way home wondering where I was.  I told him I had finally decided to fix my sewing machine.  Ysmaille was quiet.  Turns out he had actually bought me a new sewing machine for my birthday and it was supposed to be delivered that very day.  The irony!  Below is my new machine.  I cannot wait to use it!  I absolutely love that Ysmaille knows me so well.  He is so good at picking out gifts that he knows I'll like.
 
I haven't finished my spring/summer list completely, but I have a few ideas rolling around in my head.  Below is a side table that has been in our kitchen since we moved to Chambersburg.  I love the character of it, but it definitely needs a paint job.  I'm thinking of maybe painting it a fun color.  Any ideas?

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment