Thursday, April 28, 2011

Resting...

When it rains it pours. Literally. As it poured last night I got to experience each moment because I was up from 12:00-3:00 with a stomach that wouldn't stop gurgling. I've had this weird stomach bug all week. Finally this morning I took a half sick day and went to the doctor. Of course I started feeling better almost immediately after making the appointment. On the way to the doctor appointment Ysmaille called to tell me that his car was most likely totaled. He is okay, but his car is certainly not. Now we need to make a decision. Do we buy another "junker" because he really just uses it to go to and from work. Or... do we get a car payment and get something a little nicer and roomier? I told Ysmaille tonight that God saw this happening in our future and has made a provision for us. Now we just need to rest. Oh, I wish I were better at resting. I wish I could lean back in Daddy's arms just a little easier. He is so faithful. He is a beautiful Provider. Why do I worry? Do you ever feel like you just can't win? It's been one of those days. The toilet won't flush. The basement has water in it. And still I am trying to rest because my Father told me, "Daughter, you are mine. I have a beautiful destiny for your life. Rest in Me."

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see what works out! So glad Ysh wasn't hurt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am extremely bad at resting, and trusting. It's one of my biggest battles right now. I hope you found the right course!

    ReplyDelete