Monday, July 11, 2011

#8 on Summer List 2011

On my Summer List 2011 was a hike at Caledonia. My sister-in-law, Angela, is here for almost two weeks and I wanted to take her to Caledonia anyway, so I thought we might as well throw a hike in there somewhere :)

It was actually really funny because we packed a whole afternoon of festivities in about two hours. We had meat to grill and figured it would take at least an hour to get the charcoal hot and the meat cooked. Luckily for us, the grill we picked had just been deserted and it was perfectly hot and ready to go. We grilled, ate pasta salad, some watermelon, and lemon bars. It took 30 minutes and then we were off. No time to waste!


After dinner it was time to move on to the stream. Amirah loved playing in the water!
Next it was playground time. Amirah went down the big slide with her Aunt Angela.
Finally it was time to cross off another activity from my list. My friend, Jen, gave us this carrier months ago, but we've never had a chance to use it, so I was so excited to give it a try. Amirah really liked it. We were off on our fourth and final adventure...


Here we are hiking. As you can tell by our foot gear it wasn't a particularly strenuous hike, but a hike nonetheless.


Another activity off my list. I'm getting close to the 1/2 way mark. This summer has been so much fun so far. I can't wait to see what the next four weeks hold!

Don't you love this picture? After our big hike we needed a little relaxation!










No comments:

Post a Comment