Wednesday, July 20, 2011

------ Not Sure What to Call This Post ------

Just some random things I want to say.

1. I love, love, love the sound of Amirah's screams when she is upstairs with her daddy. I reread that line and thought I should clarify. They are SCREAMS of COMPLETE JOY. She absolutely delights in the attention he gives her. I am so thankful for their special relationship.

2. I am having so much fun this summer that I didn't think I'd ever want to go back to school. I was nervous. Was teaching the wrong choice for me? Then I went into my classroom today and felt the excitement begin to build. I'm not ready yet. But I will be. I feel so blessed to have a job I love!

3. I love the NATE BERKUS show. Have you seen it? He used to be a regular on Oprah, and now has his own show. It's just an informative show with fashion advice, home decorating ideas, ways to save money, etc. Plus, he's such a cutie.

4. Ethel Strite's cooking class rocks! Last week we had meatball subs-- the best I've ever had. I made the recipe this week and I'm thinking about making them again next week. Secret ingredient? Chili sauce. Does anyone know if I can find it without high fructose corn syrup?

5. Since I'm on the topic of cooking... I bought flour and chocolate chips to make cookies today. When I got home I realized that I didn't have any butter. I looked online to see what I could substitute. One website said I could substitute 2/3 cup of oil for 1 cup of butter. I did it and my cookies were better than usual!

No comments:

Post a Comment