Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The Happiness Project (February Update)

If you've read any of my past posts you know that I was totally inspired by The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin. Each month of 2012 I've set aside for a specific purpose. January was totally inspiring. I organized every inch of my house, and since doing so have spent much less time moving piles from point A to point B. It has seriously changed the way I look at things.

February's goal was to do something sweet for my husband every day. I started out with a bang. There were notes on the mirror, on the laptop, on the bathroom sink. Then things started to fizzle. You see, my husband, the love of my life, is not really a note kind of guy. So I tried to think of other ways to show I loved him. I bought him Pringles on the day after he said he craved chips. I even surprised him with a date at Cluggys. Not overly romantic, but oh so fun! After a while I just sort of gave up thinking of ideas. Apparantly I'm not that creative. Do I feel like it was a failure? Absolutely not. Thinking consciously of my marriage helped me be more aware of how I treat Ysmaille, and at the end of the day that's what counts.

So, what's March's goal? Spring cleaning! On the agenda is washing curtains, baseboards, walls, etc. I even plan to borrow a shampooer and tackle the carpets. In all honesty I am a little tired just thinking about it, but I can't wait for the end product so I hope that's enough to get me motivated.

No comments:

Post a Comment