Saturday, August 18, 2012

Summer List Wrap-up

School starts next week for me.  I am really starting to get excited.  I've had such a great summer.  Xander has added a joy to our family, Amirah is learning what it means to be a big sister, and Ysmaille and I are along for the ride!  Here's what we accomplished:
  • visit Lake Tobias
  • have a picnic and swimming at Fuller Lake
  • make bubble art
  • make frozen bananas
  • paint my nails sea foam green
  • paint with ice cubes
  • go to Britton Park
  • feed the ducks and fish at City Park
  • watch fireworks
Here's what I still have to do...
  • spend an evening at the Municipal Pool
  • finish shutters (for some reason I am not motivated to finish this project.  Maybe if I knew what I was going to do with the shutters...)
  • make a water pinata
  • make homemade ice cream
  • get a couples massage at Warm Springs (Ysmaille and I are doing this next weekend.  So excited!)
  • go to the pet store
  • catch lightning bugs
  • make donuts around the campfire
  • take Amirah to Voila
  • sleep all night long (Oh, God, please let this happen soon!)
Below are some pictures of our visit to Fuller Lake and making our bubble art for the bathroom.
     Xander just couldn't take the fun we were having at Fuller Lake. 
     Fuller Lake is our best find of the summer.  Amirah just loves playing in the sand!  Isn't her suit just adorable?
     I had to take a family picture after I realized we were all wearing some shade of torquoise. 
     This is Amirah making bubble art.
    The finished product.  Now these light blue walls are a wild shade of orange.  The jury is still out on how we feel about that...


1 comment:

  1. love this one. . thanks for sharing. Your family is growing up fast and so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete