Saturday, December 29, 2012

What's Happening Right Now

{Reading}: one thousand gifts.  I know people love, love, love this book and I really do love the idea behind the book, but I am having a difficult time finishing it.  Obviously I have no business critiquing a book as I've never written one myself, but I am of the opinion that the book could have been summed up in maybe half the pages.  With that said, you should at least try to read the first three chapters, because giving God honor for all the little things that make our life special is such an awesome idea and really makes you appreciate the beauty that surrounds us.

{Cleaning}: the pantry!  Last January (in response to reading The Happiness Project) I spent the month of January organizing every single drawer, cupcoard, nook, and cranny in the house.  Much of it has stayed relatively organized, but our pantry is a catch-all.  For example, right now there is an unused computer and monitor in there.  Shameless plug:  We are selling it on Craigslist for $160 if anyone is interested.... 

 Everything is organized now, and it just makes me feel like I can breathe again.
 My sister, Angela, and I had a successful trip to IKEA yesterday where I purchased 17 of these containers for less than $10! 
 I've been wanting to do this forever.  A shoe organizer now organizes (some) of our craft supplies.  We are pretty serious about arts and crafts in our house.
 A close up.  Doesn't it make you want to organize?
As I am writing this the kitchen awaits in disarray.  All the things that I've cleaned out of the pantry now need sorted into these piles: throw away, send to the basement for the yard sale pile, or find a new home...
 
{Watching}: Private Practice.  A year ago, in an effort to streamline our finances, we got rid of cable.  We spend $16 a month for Netflix and stream it on our TV through our Wii consule.  I love Netlix.  How would I have watched 30 episodes of Switched at Birth without it?  If you haven't seen this yet, please do.  A shout out to my friend, Ashley, for introducing me to the Kennish/Vasquez clan.  Since I've watched all the current episodes Private Practice is my new guilty pleasure. 
 
{Cooking}:  This weeks menu plan includes a Southwestern Chicken Chopped Salad, Glazed Pork Chops, and Burgers with Sweet Potato Fries. 
 
{Kissing}:  My babies!  Have you seen Xander's cheeks?  I probably kiss them 90 times a day.  And Amirah?  That wild hair and that smile.  Be still my beating heart.  I have enjoyed being home for Christmas break.  Although strangely enough I miss the routine of getting up every morning and going somewhere. 
 
{Pinning}:  Oh.  My.  Goodness.  Pinterest just never gets old for me.  I have found the best ideas there.  The things I want to do this week include an art project with glue, watercolors, and alcohol; a do-it-yourself face cleanser, and possibly making "fancy" jars out of spaghetti jars (which thanks to my organizing I have found I currently own 30+ jars of all shapes and sizes). 
 
I hope you all had an amazing Christmas filled with priceless memories.  I look forward to the New Year where I can make more lists and cross them off!  I just love New Years Resolutions!



2 comments:

  1. I am in love with Private Practice! We also only have Netflix and i think its worth every penny! I also need to reorganize my pantry, cupboards, drawers, closets..starting Monday!

    ReplyDelete