Saturday, January 24, 2009

My future child?

Last night I had a dream that I had just given birth to a baby girl. She was beautiful! She had gorgeous, creamy skin, wavy hair, and big brown eyes. It made my heart melt. Then before I knew it she was a toddler and her hair was a wild mess of curls. I loved it!

Does this mean I am ready to be a mother? Somedays I feel I am ready, and yet there is always a feeling of sadness when I think of giving up the life that Ysmaille and I have. I love our ability to spontaneously decide what we want to do with our day when we wake up at 9:00 on a Saturday morning. Not to mention how busy we already are. This week has been such a stressful one for us. In preparation for our cruise next week we are trying to get everything in order. We have already spent well over six hours on homework and are only about a third of the way done. Today I had to spend over two hours in my classroom (on a Saturday!) trying to get everything organized for a sub. We have literally had no free time this week. What would we do if we had a child? How do mothers do it?

I want my beautiful little "dream" girl with curly hair, but I don't know if I'm ready to give up my freedom!

3 comments:

  1. You guys will have beautiful children! Children will change your life, but they will bless you so much too. Enjoy your cruise! Who knows it may be the last vacation of your life that you're not thinking about the children you left behind. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your dream! You guys will be great parents and will have cute little ones. So are you trying to tell us something dear friend????? :):) ha ha lol...

    Our boys have been such a blessing and yes life gets' crazy but I have learned that life is crazy no matter what stage you are in and our schedule does wonders and putting limits and boundaries on your life and I have been doing GREAT at saying "NO" to whoever, whenever if it doesnt' fit my schedule or work for my family, then NO Thanks!! and I am almost at the point of saying no guilt free!!! ......now if I could just say NO to chocolate I will be doing even better...ugh..

    Have fun on your cruise. where are you going??

    And I would love to have our coffee date soon. I guess next week won't work. Does this week at all. Love ya friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well one kid shouldnt cramp your style too much... you should still be able to be adventurous and a bit spontaneous... 2.. slows things down a bit but not too bad ... but three is like a huge stop sign! because with 3 you are out numbered. and it makes it much harder :) hence my current lot in life. I guess when they get older it's easier.

    ReplyDelete