Monday, June 18, 2012

In Honor of Father's Day

I love the relationship that Ysmaille and Amirah have.  She absolutely adores her daddy.  For Father's Day this year she drew him a beautiful card which she was so proud to give him.  I wanted to add something extra special so I interviewed her about her daddy and this is what she had to say.

Mommy: How old is Daddy?
Amirah: 2
M:  Where was Daddy born?
A:  He was born like me.
M:  What is Daddy's favorite color?
A:  Blue
M:  What does Daddy always say?
A:  "I need a snack."
M:  What is Daddy's job?
A:  Fixing that shelf and putting Xander in the swing.
M:  What does Daddy do when he wakes up in the morning?
A:  He sleeps.
M:  When does Daddy laugh?
A:  He laughs when I cry.
M:  What is Daddy's favorite food?
A:  Sandwiches
M:  Why do you love your Daddy?
A:  I need my Daddy.  I love my Daddy.

And there you have it.  Out of the mouth of a two year old...

2 comments:

  1. That is so awesome and precious! but is it true that daddy sleeps when he wakes up in the morning...? So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! You should do that each year and see how the answers change.

    ReplyDelete