Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Summer List 2012

There are so many things to do on my summer list.  We have only checked off four items so far, which means there is a lot more fun to be had.  If you live in my area and have small kids I'm sure you've visited Britton Park.  If not, you definitely should.  They have a tiny pool with lots of sprinklers to play in.  

 Amirah splashing in the sprinklers.  I thought she would like it a lot more, but all she wanted to do was...
 eat lunch.  Apparantly I make the most amazing pb and js on the planet!
 I wasn't sure how Amirah would react to fireworks.  She doesn't like loud sounds.  I prepped her the week before by explaining that they would make a sound like thunder.  I even showed her some videos on youtube so she would be prepared.  She absolutely loved it!  Her mouth stayed open the entire time and she was literally speechless.  She sat on her Uncle Han's lap and refused to budge.
 Another thing on my list was to paint my toes sea foam green.  What do you think?  I definitely prefer my usual coral color, but this is a nice change.
 Lake Tobias is an awesome place, but I do not reccomend it for two month olds.  This picture was taken on our safari just after Xander send projectile spit-up all over my shorts and just before he had one of those up-the-back blowouts in his diaper.  I ended up having to take off all his clothes and he spent the rest of the afternoon in his diaper.

Amirah and Natalie really enjoyed feeding the animals.  It's pretty amazing to see all kinds of deer, bison, buffalo and birds in the same field.  It was a really neat experience. 
This was not on our summer list, but I thought I'd add it anyway.  Last school year a friend gave me a bunch of hats that belonged to her grandmother.  Amirah and I had fun trying them all on yesterday.  We had so much fun we didn't even realize that Daddy had come home.  (Usually we are counting down the minutes and looking at the window) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment