Tuesday, July 3, 2012

The Happiness Project Marches On

For those of you who don't remember May and June were pretty much spent surviving.  I didn't do much self improvement.  I figured getting showered and making sure my children were fed were lofty enough goals.  My main goals for June were to get Amirah potty trained and have Xander sleep for more than 2-3 hours a night.  I am a success!  Woo-hoo!
  • I know only the moms reading this will really care, but Amirah is potty trained. Well, sort of.  We do have occasional accidents, but I haven't had to clean out a pair of poopy panties in a week so I consider that a monumental success.  She does still wear a diaper to bed, but I'm okay with that for now.
  • My sweet Xander has only been waking up once a night.  Usually somewhere between 3:00 and 5:00.  I'm okay with that for now, but would love to have him sleeping through the night by the time I go back to school.  We will see what happens...
My main goal for July is to lose this baby weight and start exercising again.  I've done two days of arm-toning exercises using free weights.  I've been giving Amirah wii remotes as her weights and she's my workout partner.  I am trying to cut up the massive amounts of sweets I've been consuming, but that is proving more difficult than I thought.  Yesterday I made it until 8:00 and then I put vanilla ice cream in a glass and poured almond milk over it and made a makeshift milkshake.  Wowza.  That was good.  Today is Ysmaille's birthday and I am making an oreo cake for him.  He told me not to make it "wheaty", so I guess I'll make the full fat version.  I'll try to have only one piece.  Or maybe only one and a half.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment