Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Summertime!

We are having such a fun summer.  Last summer was a little challenging with a newborn and a two-year old, but we have found our groove as a four person family and are having the best time together.  Ysmaille's work schedule is a little different this year.  Since he works 1-9:30 we spend our morning together and then it's just the kids and I for the afternoon/evening.  I thought I would really dislike this schedule, but it hasn't been too bad.  Like everything in life there are pros and cons.  I'm not a huge fan of the bedtime routine being all on me, but I love having Ysmaille at home in the mornings.  Here's how we've been spending our days...

 Amirah loves this activity.  I freeze small animals in a block of ice and then she digs them out.  It occupies her for a long time and keeps her cool as well.
 Snuggling with my girl.  She is in a new phase where everytime we try to take her picture she makes a funny face. 
 Happy Independence Day from the Eliacin family!
 Finding a way to keep cool.
 One of the things on our "Summer List" was to make S'Mores.  Delicious!
 Of course S'Mores would be impossible without the ultimate fire builder and marshmallow toaster- my dad!
 Most days I do something with Amirah's hair, but on days that I let it go wild I like it the best.  It totally matches her personality.
 My baby is getting so big.  I love this exploration stage.  Everything is new and exciting to him. 
Doesn't lake water looks so gross in pictures?  We had so much fun at Laurel Lake the other weekend.  It's definitely a must-do again on our summer list.

No comments:

Post a Comment