Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Life Lessons from a Three Year Old

 Once upon a time this was supposed to be my garden.  But I got lazy.  And the weeds grew.  And, well, I just didn't care enough to do anything about it.  What is an embarassment to me is a field of treasures to a three year old who loves to get dirt under her finger nails.  She has been digging for "treasures" for days now.
She is intent on finding something of value in all that dirt and weeds.
 Where once a patch of weeds grew now exists a land full of treasure!  (notice the hole where my little excavator has been hard at work.)
 She found a treasure!
After a hard day's work Amirah found all this treasure from my weed patch. 
 
Why am I sharing all this?  It's because I can't get it out of my mind.  I thought this was a beautiful analogy of God working in His People.  God is like Amirah.  Where we see weed patches and stones in our lives, He sees treasure.  Until He gets his hands on us we are often unaware of what treasure lies in us.  Be encouraged today.  The things that you aren't proud of in your life, the ugly parts of you, aren't viewed by God that way.  You are, and always will be, a treasure!

No comments:

Post a Comment