Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Our Spring List

Our Spring is off to a great start!  We've had some chilly days, but overall it's been a beautiful Spring and we've have loved all our time outside.  We've been making some progress on our list, but have a long way to go.
 
 During the last weekend of March we had a chance to go to Lancaster and see Great-Grandma.  She turns 90 next month and is as spunky as ever.  Five years ago she didn't have any great-grandchildren.  Now there are 12! 
 We tried a new technique for dying our Easter eggs this year.  The basic premis is this: make a pile of shaving cream, put a few drops of food coloring in, swirl around and dip in the eggs.  You are supposed to dip them in vinegar first (which I forgot to do) and also wait for several hours before wiping the shaving cream off (which I was also too excited to do).  So...  they didn't really turn out that well.  I am going to re-dye them tomorrow. 
 Pretty, huh?
Amirah and I love a good craft project and this one was really fun!  You cut fabric into strips and "mod-podge" them on to a balloon.  Let it sit overnight and then pop the balloon, creating a fabric bowl.  So sorry for the terrible picture.  Not that my typical pictures will get me a "blogger of the year" award, but this one is particularly sad. 
 
I can hardly wait to check more things off our list!

No comments:

Post a Comment