Saturday, August 6, 2011

#11 on Summer List 2011

I am so dissapointed I forgot my camera on this excursion. One of the things I wanted to make sure I did this summer was visit Grandma Harnish, my Dad's mom. She is an amazing lady who is now in her upper 80's. Last week she canned corn and tomato sauce. Just yesterday she made applesauce. She doesn't let anything slow her down.

Today Ysmaille, Amirah, and I traveled to Lancaster County to visit her. She told us she would have lunch for us. This is what we ate:

-Stouffer's lasagna
-Bread with butter and jelly
-7-layer salad (I'm pretty sure this is a Mennonite dish, and it not very good for you because it has lots of mayo, but I love it anyway!)
-crackers and cheese
-homemade applesauce
-sugar cookies
-peach dessert

Isn't that crazy? It was just a Saturday lunch. She loves making food for her family though and so Ysmaille and I ate enough to feed a small army.

I'm so glad that Amirah has a chance to know her great-grandma. She is the only grandparent I have left and the way she is going I expect her to be around for a long time. Love you, Grandma Harnish!

1 comment:

  1. i miss my grandma, now. she always put the mayo in a little fancy glass dish on the table, even if we were just having a ham sandwich. something about grandmas. they make simple things special.

    ReplyDelete