Thursday, August 18, 2011

#12 and #13 on Summer List 2011

On my Summer List 2011 was to have a "MELANIE DAY". I dropped Amirah off at April's house and headed to Harrisburg for some shopping. I also intended to stop at Barnes and Noble, have a delicious treat and read magazines, but I ran out of time. I did manage to squeeze in enough time for lunch at Panera Bread where I read my book. I was looking for "pops" of color to add to my wardrobe, but was unsuccesful. As you can see I mostly got some basic neutrals, but I'm pretty excited about my purchases. For under $50 I was able to buy a denim shirt, a t-shirt, a flowy vest, a cardigan, a shirt dress, a pair of khakis, and a necklace. Plus two of the items came with belts-- an added bonus!


Later in the week we travelled to Tennessee to see Dukens and Angela (and Eli). It was a long trip with a crying one year old in the backseat, but we had a ton of fun in the short time we were there. I feel so blessed to have such a great relationship with Ysmaille's family. Angela and I got off to a rough start two years ago when we met, but she has quickly become one of my best friends.

Ysmaille and Eli-- these brothers CANNOT get together without wrestling. Here is Ysmaille trying to poke out his brother's eye.

We went to the aquarium in Gatlinburg. My favorite part was walking through the shark tunnel. You just cannot go to a place like that without marvelling at what an AWESOME and CREATIVE God we serve.


Amirah just adores her Uncle Duke. Here they are reading together.


Angela, Amirah, and I spent Sunday afternoon in Knoxville. We stopped at Market Square for Amirah to play in the fountains.


With summer vacation officially ending in one week I will be hard-pressed to finish my list. I've got 6 more things to complete. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. I'm a little jealous of your shopping trip - great finds!

    ReplyDelete